08 January 2014

Oh Toe She Didn't

There's not much to update (lucky for you). I met and saw my new primary care physician. He seems to be just as proactive as the last. I had an EEG which was normal. My pulse was 113 and he is concerned about my heart racing and my shaking. I'd say Zaynub's diagnosis with ODD (will blog later) is part of the reason, but my anxiety has been off the scale for a few months (if not longer). I had more x-rays done on my toe and have to fast again for labs tomorrow. I'm having another bone density scan within the next week. I see him again in two weeks to go over results. At that time he will give me a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. I'm not overly thrilled to have surgery on my toe, however I feel like I'm a step closer (pun intended) to being able to walk relatively pain free. Tomorrow I get to see the nephrologist and hear the results from the round of tests he ordered. I'm still hopeful that the torturous kidney flush actually helped, and I'm too exhausted to be nervous at this point.

After five rewrites I finally put my penpal ad and quirks in the mail. I may try a few other penpal clubs before the end of the month and/or the thirty letters in a month challenge. I did find my penpal from 1995 when we worked at Discover Card but LinkedIn didn't allow messaging so I could reintroduce myself. I hope that she recognizes me just enough to start penpalling again. If so, I will sing praises to social networking for making a WebTV era reconnection.

Well it's bath and bed time for our filter free family. I'll be in touch. Talk soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment